Find information about the 2019 programme below.
The 2020 programme will be available in the end of 2020.
The course is held in Pisa, Italy, and offers a combination of theory and practical training in the clinic within a 4 day period.
By the combination of lectures from different specialists and training in the clinic, course participants will gain insight into both the theory of the field and the practical methods used in the clinic. The individual training covers all the areas of interest related to the modern clinical approach to the diabetic foot, including instrumental diagnosis, revascularization, surgery and rehabilitation.
Lectures will be in agreement with the International Consensus on the Diabetic Foot & Practical Guidelines on the Management and Prevention of the Diabetic Foot
Theoretical session topics:
- Horizon 2020 for the Diabetic foot
- Neuropathy and the Charcot foot: Pathogenesis and diagnosis
- Neuropathy and Charcot foot: Therapy
- Diagnosis of infection
- Therapy of infections
- From sub-clinical to critical limb ischaemia
- The surgical management of the D.F.
Practical workshop topics:
- Screening lab - Risk assessment and patients data management: VPT – ABPI – TcPO2
- Offloading in the acute phase
- Offloading in the chronic phase
- Local therapy
- The biomechanical lab
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Basic surgical skills
- Microbiological sampling and processing
- Thermal imaging
- New technologies
Hotel San Ranieri
Via Mazzei 2
Pisa University Hospital
U.O.Malattie del Metabolismo e Diabetologia
Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Pisana
Via Paradisa, 2